Sunday 18 November 2012

The Siamese Bird Twins

This character is a two headed siamese twin. I had the idea from a doodle I did of a two headed bird creature. I wanted to use found objects too and thought I could use bird skulls for the heads. 







INSPIRATION!

I saw some work by artist Jessica Joplin at the Natural- Unnatural exhibition at the end of the summer down at RWA. She uses found objects like brass, leather and bones. She makes THE most amazing work. I was actually drooling a little and finding myself extremely envious wishing I had made the pieces myself.
Here's some sneaky pictures I took...

'Comet', Antique Brass, hardware and findings, bone,
silver, velvet, glove leather and glass eye.
23x20cm



'Raphael' Antique Brass, hardware and findings, bone,
vestment trim, glove leather and glass eye.
43x26cm

I started to do some concept drawings....



Very early concept design



Mirroring



Final concept design for the Siamese Bird Twins
or 'Alouette Twins' as I like to call them.
I made this collage using photos of crow skulls and real feathers.











No comments:

Post a Comment