Saturday 15 December 2012

Set Ideas

For the set I originally wanted a thrust stage with red curtains but that was too generic.


Initial sketch

It also meant I would have to make a few versions of the set in different sizes to look in proportion with the various characters as the puppets won't all be the same size.


Sketch of how I'd operate the rod puppets on stage

After my tutorial I began thinking of other alternatives. As I'm interested in childhood and fears and some of the characters resemble them I thought I could house them in a toy box of sorts with a little door to each of their acts. The box would spin round and stop on a door painted with a character and open to reveal that character.


Sketch for toy box set.






Coloured in photoshop. Antique colour palette.




Next I made a cardboard maquette that i could do a quick animation test with. Using the magic of animation i can make the box spin with out actually having to worry about making a fully working axis (I hope).









It was harder than I thought to make the pyramid roof. I need to make a really good template for the real thing.









No comments:

Post a Comment