Friday 14 December 2012

Finished Bird Twin Prototype

I finished off the puppet. The second head, I made form Miliput as I wanted to see which was better to sculpt in. I think I prefer Sculpy for sculpting in as it is easier to manage and I'm not having to race against the clock as it doesn't air dry. It is also cheaper. However, Miliput has a better finish which i can sand, drill, paint etc. Sculpting the bird heads is only a back up as I'm still hoping I can get some skulls.

I have brought 3 crow heads off ebay (oh, the stuff you can get on there...!) and I'm planning on taking them back to my parents in Cornwall so I can boil them up in the yard without offending anyone. Last year I pissed off all my housemates by boiling up fish heads to try and gets the bones. To be fair it wasn't that bad.... but then I do work in a sea food restaurant...

To get the skulls I need to macerate them (boil them slowly) and then make a rot box with soil and live maggots to eat the remaining flesh and get the brain out. Yum.

Any way, I also had a tutorial with Mary about my project and thank god I did. She helped me think about the overall feel of the piece, that its not a show reel but more a short film of vignettes. She also made me scrap my idea of the theatre stage as it was too generic. Will post the set stuff later....
She looked at my designs and said that the accordion I'd drawn was too 70's looking and if I want my film to have that Victorian toy-box creepy feel I should opt for something more like a squeeze box. This would be easier to make and easier to animate being played.


The squeeze box is made form neoprene and aluminium wire.

Black and Whit cos I'm hip...




Its hard to get the heads the same.






No comments:

Post a Comment