Tuesday 29 January 2013

Head Maquettes: Pip

I've been making some maquettes as its one thing for me to design in 2D but I find things change when I translate the design into 3D. I'm not sure if this is a problem, if I should be able to exactly replicate a 2D design in 3D, slightly worrying, it is something I'm working on....

Any way enough worrying. I made a mock up of Pip's head out of sculpy, using a polystyrene ball I had lying around as a light weight core. This has made her head shape rounder which I actually preferred. Her face is more like an apple which I want. I used some dried herb stalks for the branches growing from her head. At the moment the maquette is about 8-10cm.





Polystyrene ball core with eye line guide.





Not too sure on the size of her lips at the moment but now that have worked out how to translate my designs into 3D I can make another version.



Drying 'erbs...

I used the second herbs for the maquette as they looked more branch like than the others. I don't know what herbs they are, they were dead when I picked them.

















No comments:

Post a Comment