Friday 25 January 2013

Music Box Samples

I have been thinking about the audio for my piece. I want something quite eery, something that evokes an uneasy feeling, stirring some childhood fear from the depths of your memory.

I remember a friend of my parents' had this box on their mantle piece with a glass front to it. Behind the frame was a jointed clown puppet (jigging puppet). Beneath the frame was a little drawer and when you pulled the drawer out, tinny, tinkly music played and the clown sprang to life and danced and danced until you closed the draw again. I had a morbid fascination with it; it freaked me out yet I couldn't stop opening that drawer.

I find music box tunes incredibly uncomfortable. I know it's probably a massive cliche so thats why I've been editing some.



No comments:

Post a Comment