Friday 22 February 2013

Monkey Business and more Paint Tests

Finishing off the arms- this time I'm using a simpler method of chord and rolled newspaper, wadding then retrofitting the suede. I need to think about how to save time.




Been doing some more paint tests. I brought some 'crackle glaze meduim' from th emodel shop but it is shit, to be blunt... I wanted old cracked paint but got splodgey crap instead. If I wanted a rust effect this would be 'bein monsuier' but I don't so it's crap. I'm going to just paint the body of the box a flat colour and varnish and sand it back to age it that way.

'Crap'ple glaze
Left Acrylic on Acrylic and Right Emulsion on Acrylic base
Crackle gaze goes underneath


Emulsion paints: Turquois, Teal and Deep Red

Teal on Magnolia base

And just for fun... The Cat in A Ruff

I found this beautiful bit of lace at the Sunday flea market



No comments:

Post a Comment