Wednesday 20 February 2013

Set Fabrication in Wood and Paint Tests

I braved it and went to wood work to do my set box. The technician cut the sides as they had to be cut on an angle for the hexagon shape to fit together. I measured and cut out the openings for the doors and then on separate pieces of ply I cut out the double doors. I used a fret saw to cut the openings and a ban saw to cut the doors.


The 45 degree angle for the joints

Measuring out the doorways


Cleaning up my terrible cutting
The double doors cut out

I've sanded the doors and rounded the hinge edges so they don't rub and opens smoothly. 

I've been doing some paint tests on the veneer scraps that I'll be using to put on the doors and on the ply wood for the main body of the box.

Wood Veneer 


















No comments:

Post a Comment