Saturday 16 February 2013

Monkey fabrication continued

More makings....
I added another bit of foam to make his head rounder

right hand side I used upholstery foam
better to use the hard foam though.

Retro-fitting the suedette fabric to the legs.





Sandwiching foam either side of the feet ready to be cut out



the feet cut out and roughly shaped.



I brought some great fabric via the leggings section in Primarni (Primark), the leggings in there are disgusting as clothing but the fabric is great for puppets. I found some suedette leggings and thought they'd be perfect for the Monkey....which they are.
I stitched the toes individually by retrofitting- i did it quite tightly, usually you measure the fabric to 3x the width but I did it slightly less so it would shape around the wire. It took absolutely ages but its definitely improved my fine hand stitching.


Retro-fitting and stitching the toes.

One down... 9 more to go...
Almost there...








So one foot down just the other to go and then the two hands when they're made.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment