Friday 5 April 2013

Animating Pip



I didn't feel too worried about animating Pip as I knew it would be a similar process to how the animation in my second year collaborative film was done. To make the branches grow, I would have to cut them back and then reverse the footage. Simple.

Hahahahahahaa. "Simple"- Famous Last Words.
Well, making the branches grow was a doddle, but as usual I was a bit under prepared not having a story board or any of the actions broken down so that how Pip herself was animated was clear to me. Instead I just made it up as I went along, it has worked but I know it could have been better. Because I was shooting in reverse I wasn't able to do any retakes. If I'd been more prepared I 'd have made plenty more replacement heads as backups and had a plan on paper to direct me.

As it is though, I am pleased with the result in the time I did it in.





Snip snip!
I used nail scissors to trim mm's off the twigs.


Using onion skinning to get the replacement head in the right place.

"Oh my 'ead!"

New head...

Last head, nice hair do.

"What the hell am I doing!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment