Wednesday 27 March 2013

Making Pip




Pip finished, mid animation.


I've made three replacement heads for pip using the press mould and sculpy. I've used fine copper wire for the hair, twigs for branches and black glass headed pins for eyes. I also used a felt tip to add subtle detail of rosy cheeks and lips once the heads had been baked. 

Head no.1
with copper wire.

Head no.2
with wire and twigs.

Head no.3
with twigs
The body is made from sculpy and wire, with a flat back and once its cooked I drilled three holes in the lower body to act as pin downs. 



Checking the proportions. (obviously there will be a neck!)


I wrapped the neck in masking tape when i cooked it
then attached K&S to the neck and head.


Pip's night gown.

I made her night gown from and old under skirt I found in a charity shop. Her bed is a block of neoprene foam that i covered with calico fabric and wire to attach it to the floor from under neath.




No comments:

Post a Comment